Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Big Storm

4 weeks ago it rained. A lot.

This post would be a lot more interesting if I had pictures of the field that turned into a lake, complete with a floating port-a-potty and a family of three canoeing. Or the gazebo in the park under 4 feet of water, with a dozen confused deer stranded on the other side. Or the many, many trees that were uprooted and thrown all over cars and houses by the wind and tornados. Or our dear friends' basements that flooded with sewage as the storm raged.

Unfortunately, all I have a picture of is our very clean and empty refrigerator- the result of losing power for 3 days. Oh the drama.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your beautifully clean frig. Am I inspired to clean my own? Hmmmmm

allison said...

dude, my fridge looks that empty all the time!